#95: Waiting for greater thingsJan 21, 2021
FROM THIS SHOW…
Do you enjoy waiting? It seems like no one ever does. But what if I told you that the act of waiting produces maturity? And what if that maturity lead you to a place where even the hardest trials in life can be drained of causing you fear? It’s certainly not for everyone. Yet every person has the same ability to receive life’s hardest seasons and turn them into powerful agents of growth and resilience.
When you have a bipolar disorder, there are seasons where things are extra hard. But instead of avoiding pain and struggle, what if you just stayed the course? As Mike shares on today’s episode of The Bipolar Now Podcast, the very act of waiting for more opens the door to receive a gift that’s simply unavailable to those who never truly suffer. Don’t miss today’s encouraging message!
Listen to the podcast:
Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! I don't want you to lose out on a single episode. Plus I release special bonus content from time to time that you'll likely miss if you're not subscribed. And if you're feeling generous, would you please leave me a review? It is a special treat to read each and every one of them. Just write about your favorite part of the show! :-)
- Sometimes when you’ve been waiting for something a really long time, it’s very tempting to give up and lower your expectations. Don’t give up. Your desires might just need a little more time to mature.
- Patience is a discipline. The only way it can develop is to wait through the discomfort of not having what you desire. When it ceases to be uncomfortable, you might be slacking.
- People who have to live with mental illness are in a great position to receive love—from family, from friends, and from God—in ways that are deeper and more meaningful than they would otherwise experience. It’s worth waiting for suffering to produce a deep love in you and around you.
Lifer Discussion Guide
Use the questions in today’s Lifer Guide to assist you over any hurdles you may have to clear as you address your mental health. These are special conversations!
“Lifers” are people who have unwavering faithfulness. This assures you that they’ll stick by you through all the highs and lows that are normal for a life with mental health challenges. If you haven’t nominated a lifelong family member or friend as part of your non-medical support team, what are you waiting for? :-)
1) What was something you remember waiting and waiting for when you were younger?
2) Are you getting better at waiting? / What’s causing you to get better or worse?
3) What is one thing you’re looking for right now? / What do you want that you just don’t have?
4) How can I help you commit to what you’re waiting for?
Join the Tribe!
Once you’ve had a chance to talk or journal about these things you might have a question from this episode. If so, make sure you head on over to The Bipolar Now Podcast Group on Facebook! There’s quite a few people who are also taking a new step in their mental health. And we’d love for you to share your story with us when you’re ready. So don’t miss out!