#80 Use the season’s change to “pivot”Oct 01, 2020
FROM THIS SHOW…
Seasons change without our permission. How would you like it to be summer for three months longer? If you live in the Northern Hemisphere right now, this is probably a “yes”! But alas, there is no convincing Mother Nature to change her ways. Which can spell trouble for people who brave a bipolar disorder.
The brain with bipolar is highly sensitive. And the changing seasons are rough because they bring along many sweeping and necessary lifestyle adjustments. Not the least of which is the amount of daylight and sunlight that we receive going into the winter months.
On today’s show from The Bipolar Now Podcast, Mike shares how he navigates the end of summer. And he lays out a course of action that just might energize you while the winter grows on. In order to get through the fall, it can help a TON to re-evaluate your goals through January, which is NOT that far away!
Listen to the podcast:
Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! I don't want you to miss a single episode. Plus I release special bonus content from time to time that you'll likely miss if you're not subscribed. And if you're feeling generous, would you please leave me a review? It is a special treat to read each and every one of them. Just write about your favorite part of the show! :-)
- Going through a seasonal change is something we can’t avoid. But suffering through it is.
- If you feel like cutting off one of your January goals as a loss, first consider how you might approach it differently. This is something you must decide.
- To make a swift and decisive move when your stuck can often change the success you have with your goals; especially the long-term ones.
Lifer Discussion Guide
Use the questions in today’s Lifer Guide to help you out with any sticking points you may have toward getting help for your mental health.
“Lifers” are special people who have unwavering faithfulness. This assures you that they’ll stick around through all the highs and lows that are normal for a life with mental health challenges. If you haven’t nominated a lifelong family member or friend as part of your non-medical support team, what are you waiting for? :-)
1) How did you record your goals and dreams for this year? / Are you happy or do you regret doing this?
2) What one goal do you really need to come through for you? / Why do you need it so much?
3) Will you be “pivoting” on one of your goals like Mike talked about on the show? / Can we talk about that?
Join the Tribe!
Once you’ve had a chance to talk or journal about these things you might have a question from this episode. If so, make sure you head on over to The Bipolar Now Podcast Group on Facebook! There’s quite a few people who are also taking a new step in their mental health. And we’d love for you to share your story with us when you’re ready. So don’t miss out!
Other ways to enjoy this episode