#101: When it’s time for a “Do-Over”Mar 04, 2021
FROM THIS SHOW…
Do you ever feel like you’re stuck on something important? You want a breakthrough, but it’s been so long and you’re tapped out on energy. How will you ever move on from feeling like you’re just failing yourself? How on earth will you ever get past this daily struggle?
This actually happens to everyone, but when you have a bipolar disorder you’re simply more sensitive to it. That’s why today’s episode of The Bipolar Now Podcast is perfectly timed to show you one way of getting past every block and hurdle in your path.
When you bump up to a hard stop in your progress, it’s time to pull a winning play out of the bipolar playbook. It’s time to call a “Do-Over”. Everything can change with a simple shift in your approach. And as soon as today you can light up with the magic of what makes a “Do-Over” possible.
Don’t miss out on this winning episode!
Listen to the podcast:
Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts! I don't want you to lose out on a single episode. Plus I release special bonus content from time to time that you'll likely miss if you're not subscribed. And if you're feeling generous, would you please leave me a review? It is a special treat to read each and every one of them. Just write about your favorite part of the show! :-)
- Bipolar disorder is great at making us think that we can’t have a “Do-Over”, or worse, that we don’t deserve one. Don’t pay any attention to this thinking! You absolutely deserve the grace and excitement that come with second chances.
- It’s normal to feel lost when you’ve been stuck, even for as little as a day. It’s normal to feel terrible about what you’ve done. But if you acknowledge that you can’t change the past, you free yourself to explore what’s still possible. You may not know exactly where you’re going, but you’re in motion and you’re not lost.
- The goal of any “Do-Over” is to revive your desire. When you start thinking in terms of what’s possible, and you start putting together all the actions required, you revive your spirit and your thinking. This is how you discover a natural energy source, which is where you’ll go to bring your ideas alive!
Lifer Discussion Guide
Use the questions in today’s Lifer Guide to assist you over any hurdles you may have to clear as you address your mental health. These are special conversations!
“Lifers” are people who have unwavering faithfulness. This assures you that they’ll stick by you through all the highs and lows that are normal for a life with mental health challenges. If you haven’t nominated a lifelong family member or friend as part of your non-medical support team, what are you waiting for? :-)
1) Can you think of a game or an instance in school where you needed to call a “Do-Over” and get a second chance at it? / Tell me about that memory.
2) What is it about calling a “Do-Over” that makes this harder when we become adults?
3) Right now, which one of your goals has you thinking in terms of possibilities? / How about limitations?
4) What’s going on with your goals right now? / Where do you feel like you need to call a “Do-Over”?
5) How can I help you go deeper into your goal?
Join the Tribe!
Once you’ve had a chance to talk or journal about these things you might have a question from this episode. If so, make sure you head on over to The Bipolar Now Podcast Group on Facebook! There’s quite a few people over there who are also taking a new step in their mental health. And we’d love for you to share your story with us when you’re ready. So don’t miss out!